Thursday, February 11, 2010

It doesn't take much to entertain me.

When I finished teaching yesterday (Thursday) I headed to off to Bkk. The tuk tuk driver who picked up at my house and took me to the bus depot suggested that I take a minibus. There is a system of minibuses, 18 passenger vans, that appear to run parallel to the bus system. So I thought, "Aha a compromise between the 700B ($21.) taxi and the 50B ($1.75) bus." Not knowing how much it would cost, I opted for the minibus.
What was the result? The minibus cost 60B($2.), had better a\c, never carries chickens, took half as long and took me to the Victory Monument. The Victory Monument is much closer to the Christian Guesthouse and is on the Sky Train route. That meant I could take the Sky Train for 25B(80 cents) instead of a taxi from the Northern Bus Depot. The taxi would cost 200B($6.) and take much longer in the afternoon rush hour traffic. I am I smug, or what? Guess how I'll travel when I return to Ayutthaya on Sunday?

No comments: