Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dogs that look both ways...

As I was waiting for my ride this morning on the busy road in front of my house I had chance to observe the local dogs. There are many running loose. I wondered how they survived the traffic until I observed them looking both ways before crossing the street. This causes me mixed emotions; on the one hand I'm impressed and I don't really want to watch them get smushed, on the other hand, when they bark and fight outside my house at night....well you get the drift.
Tomorrow's Friday and I have no teaching assignment so I will go to Bkk today when I'm done teaching. A hot shower sounds good as a does a softer bed. Even in the tropics I don't like cold showers. Thai mattresses are interesting. They are about ten inches thick and are essentially an upholstered box. They have no springs and about a half inch of padding. I went to the mall and bought a pad which helps some. Still, after four nights my hips hurt.

No comments: