Thursday, February 23, 2023

Perspective

     Such opposite reactions from different daughters! When I went to retrieve my mail today in the OFH a woman detached herself from a conversation with two others and introduced herself to me as Judy. She’d recently become aware of which apartment I occupy. Originally she planned to live in it and had special ordered a ceiling fan for the living room. When her daughter came to visit she said “Mom, you don’t want to live here next to 7th street, it will be too noisy.” Judy then opted for another apartment on the other side of the building.

     When Lisa, Lars and I first came to visit the OFH (October 2021) there were two apartments left for rent. There was a smaller one, the view from which would face the new building being built across the street. The second one available was the one Judy had declined. When we entered this one Lisa took one look around and said “Dad, you should take this.” She was correct, I did, and I’m glad!

   Street noise? Yes, I hear traffic on 7th street. Even with my hearing aids in the noise doesn’t bother me. There was another renter, David, who briefly occupied this unit before I. He left for a different place because this was “too noisy”. Their noise aversion was my gain.

Takk for alt,

Al







No comments: