Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Not so smart.

     By now I should know better than to be smug. When L was at my place recently she helped me load the library app on my computer. She thought I was buying too many books at Half Price Books. With the app I went online, ordered a bunch of books, all on wait lists. The first one came in last week and I retrieved it from the local library. Very satisfied with myself.

    Yesterday, the library notified me that another book I’d reserved was in. Good, with the impending snow, I tripped off (via car) to pick it up. Perfect, I’ll have it to read as the snow descends. At the library I checked the code and pulled it from the shelf for checkout and my face fell. There was one letter difference in the title and a totally different author from what I intended to order. Uffda!

Intending to order Woman of Light, Kali Fajardo-Anstine, in fact I ordered, and received Women of Light, Walter Russell Bowie. Not even close! Well, then...I could be more careful.😞

Takk for alt,

Al






No comments: