Saturday, February 18, 2023

Life

    In those days when Joanne was in hospice care,she shared with some friends her worry about my future socialization. We were quite far apart on the extrovert-introvert scale. When she’d take instruments to determine extroversion and introversion she wouldn’t have a single item under introversion. While definitely an introvert, I’d have a few checks under extroversion. This difference led her to be concerned about my future,as she feared I’d become a social isolate.

    She needn’t have worried. The OFH is a good environment for both extroverts and introverts. When I want to mingle it’s easy and when I want to be alone all I need to do is go to my apartment. The apartment if very comfortable and perfect for a single person. The cleaning lady, who comes twice a month, complements me on how well I keep it. Dusting is just not my thing! I dusted once but it was fruitless because it all came back.

     The telephone is the other connection to people. Perhaps I do more calling than people call me but it is an important instrument to enable me to meet my people needs. No, I am not a social isolate, just and introvert who has found a good balance.

Takk for alt,

Al


        Students at Noble Academy: Yes, I miss volunteering there.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said!!❤️🙋🏼‍♀️