Sunday, February 12, 2023

Furthermore....

 A good one to one relationship means I am open with you about whatever I think ,feel, and want to do or have done, and I do not worry about your reaction to that openness.  I do not let concern about your reaction keep me  from doing  something, nor do I think . “ You must accept me before  I can do this.”  Equally,  I can hear your openness about these things and do not have the need to condemn or judge you or agree with you . Agreement is not the goal.”  Ronald Richardson  Polarization  and the Healthier Church

   This quotation was the core of yesterday’s blog. This is a valuable insight into open communications in relationship. However, it is not an excuse for saying everything that might be on one’s mind. It cautions against with holding honesty to protect one’s self. It does not legitimize brutality in speech that demeans or threatens another. It simply says that honest communication risks the vulnerability of the speaker. It also reminds that in relationship non-judgmental listening to the other is as important as declaring one’s own thinking, thought and feelings.

Takk for alt,

Al

                       Pictured with the Thai students on my last trip to Thailand, 2020.

No comments: