Sunday, February 19, 2023

    Five persons are in conversation about their childhoods. It soon became clear that three of the five, of which I was one, had attended country school for eight years. This would not be hard to replicate in Sinai but in the ultra sophisticated OFH, perhaps a bit more surprising. It would be interesting to know how many of the OFH inmates have a country school background.

    Often I’ve remarked about my surprise at how fast I became old. Reflecting on the contrast between my life in the 1940s and now, makes me feel much older than my chronological age. Having not attended kindergarten, I’ve been known to remark that “it wasn’t invented yer.” Of course that’s not true, my peers who grew up in cities did attend. It took longer for kindergarten to reach rural areas. In fact my children only had six weeks of kindergarten in the early 70s. This was in a small town in ND, Mohall, named after the town’s founder Martin O. Hall, M.O.Hall, thus Mohall.

    At lunch today with much younger friends I remarked that for persons like me, who live without adult supervision, there are three abilities that are crucial. These three: eyesight, memory and mobility. However, residence in the OFH means that I’d be OK should any of these fail. Life in The Little House would be another matter.

Takk for alt,

Al


                 I'm modeling the suit which was tailor made while I was on Okinawa.

No comments: