Friday, August 4, 2023

Wrong again!

         Yes, I'm wrong much of the time. From early June until late July , when pheasants are busy nesting, it's best to keep Kaia out of the grasslands. Grass may be harvested beginning July 15. The farmer who hays the land had significant equipment failure with his haybine, the machine he uses to cut the grass. Consequently, he is just now removing the hay bales. The cut grass allows me access to the field without disturbing either flora or fauna.

     This morning becasue I have that field access I picked rocks. Assuming I was in good shape I quickly discovered that I was "wrong again."  I'm not as fit as I imagined. One of the privileges of my station in life is that I can quit anytime. Quit I did leaving rocks for another day...they will not go any place without me. As hard as it is, it seems a better form of exercise than going to a gym. Kaia loved the run and Song and Swamp Sparrows serenaded me. 

Takk for alt,

Al


                                  Beautiful grass!

No comments: