Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Like Magic!

      In July I had an eye exam at the VA. With the results of the exam new glasses were ordered. They appeared in my Sinai mailbox two weeks later. The frames fit without needing adjustment. Now, likely you've all noticed that I'm a little slow on the uptake. It seemed like reading, especially small print, was more difficult than was helpful. Chalking it off to some mild cataract advancement I continued on.

    My glasses are trifocals. After too long it dawned on me that my reading struggles had a simple, non-cataract, explanation. When ordering the new glasses I was mis-measured. The bifocals are too low and I was reading through the tri-focal.  Duh!

   Back at the VA today for re-measurement revealed that those bifocals were 5 centimeters too low. The technician, not the one who originally measured, was very apologetic about the mistake,  In about two weeks new glasses will appear in my mailbox, just like magic.

   VA care fills me with gratitude. I am blessed to receive such care and when a mistake is made they quickly correct it. Conscious of all the persons in the world who cannot afford good eye care, I count my blessings.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: