Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Nice compliment!

        Over lunch Jim and I talked about our status as widowers, the challenge of living without adult supervision. I'm farther down the path of life in the land of grief. His Carolyn died last December and Joanne in April 2018. We compared notes on bereavement and life beyond. Joanne and Carolyn were friends, working together at LSSMN.

      L complimented me by saying "Joanne would be proud that I seek such encounters with friends." As often reported in this blog she was the ultimate extrovert and I an introvert. She feared I'd become a social isolate without her. Of course I need people, just not to the extent she did. Were she a resident of the OFH she'd know almost everyone while I have many friends there. At this stage of life family and friends are even more precious.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: