Thursday, August 31, 2023

I'm here, then...

      Where's here you ask?  500 hundred miles and 7.5 hours from The Little House. It's time for the annual 'sponge off my Iowa friends tour.'  500 hundred miles and 7.5 hrs is far enough...I could have driven farther but glad that I didn't need to. At the moment I'm in DeWitt, IA, near the Mississippi and Illinois. What is DeWitt famous for?  I have no idea.

    I'm here to connect with Ed, with whom I spent three years while in the Marines, and his wife, known as MJV and not to be confused  with MKV who is in the Twin Cities. My eight years of posting at Zion Davenport, 25 miles from Ed's & MJV's farm, allowed Joanne and MJV to bond. It was from 1980 until 1988 that we were resident in Davenport,

Takk for alt,

Al


Ed and Al in a hotel room in Tokyo, 1961...we haven't changed much.

No comments: