Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Six to four....

      Six to four is not a game score. When I'm picking rocks I use a metal prod to pry them out of the ground. Like icebergs often most of the rock is hidden. Carrying a pail in which to put the rocks I do loops from the truck and back. This year I've substituted a four gallon pail for the previous six gallon one; thus 6 to 4. I could just put four gallons of rocks in a six gallon pail but with space in the pail it is too difficult to pass rocks on the way back to the truck. Why the change? Credit senescence. 😉

    Some blogs previously were about the local firemen's consignment sale. Do you want to guess total receipts? Two hundred and eighty thousand dollars!!! The amount was boosted by several large tractors, two semi-trucks and several vehicles. When expenses are paid the firemen will realize almost $25,000. It's an incredible amount of work. The fire department's, major expense is insurance. There are no salaries because it is all volunteer.

    You might want to attend next year...the first Saturday in August.

Takk for alt,

Al


           A tractor sold on the sale. I didn't buy it because it wouldn't fit in my garage.

No comments: