Thursday, March 2, 2023

Prairie

       Living in the OFH since December 17, has been very pleasant and easy. There are many things to like about life here. Above all is proximity to family. Friends, both in the building and the larger community, greatly enhance this location. The ability to attend my church every Sunday is special. The neighborhood in which the OFH is located has much to offer. These have been good weeks.

     Recently I changed the screen saver on my computer. (See picture below.) When that picture first opened on the screen I had a very visceral reaction! It was WOW! I didn't realize how much I missed the prairie. Just seeing the picture opened my....my what? my lungs? My...I'm at a loss to explain it. 

    Months at sea, while in the Marines, in the tight confines of our living quarters was made manageable by going to the deck to see the horizon. The OFH offers a horizon out the sliding glass doors over the Mississippi River Valley which keeps me from feeling claustrophobic but, it's not the prairie.

   A neighbor recently sent a picture of The Little House with a huge snowbank in front. Not time to return yet.

Takk for alt,

Al


                            The screen saver.


The Little House before the last 12" of snow.

No comments: