Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Good news!

 

    March 10, 2022 was my 38th and final radiation treatment for prostate cancer. Today I saw the urologist for an annual follow-up appointment. PSA registered 0.1, which is as low as can be measured. Now the plan is semi-annual PSA tests with no further visits with the urologist as long as the PSA remains low.

     When I had my final visit with the doctor who supervised the radiation last year I asked "If the cancer returns can I have more radiation.?"  "No" he said, "you've a lot of radiation, but the cancer will not return." 

    The radiation gave me no side effects. There were hot flashes from the hormone shot which women of a certain age find humorous. 😀 They have passed and I'm left healthy and grateful. Yes, grateful for fine medical care and thankful for insurance that covered the cost.

Takk for alt,

Al




No comments: