Sunday, March 5, 2023

Book

       In a lull of reading heavier, or more significant books, I read Virgil Wander, Leif Enger. Enger is a Minnesota author who grew up in Osakis and worked for Minnesota Public Radio. Wander is set in Grand Marais, MN., on the shore of Lake Superior. I'm keen to ask friends who live there what they recognized in the book because I've never been there.

    Like his book, Peace Like A River, Wander is people with intriguing characters, all of whom are a bit off tilt. That gives them a winsome attractiveness while they live out the story. Both books are entertaining reads that have been very popular. I'm not sorry that I read them but do I recommend them? Maybe, but there are more compelling books for one's limited reading time. The one I'm into now would be an example of excellent use of reading time...more about that when I finish it. 😊

Takk for alt,

Al

Ed and I were together from boot camp until my discharge. We worked in the same Marine rifle company office, bunked together and remain the best of friends. Two farm boys, one from IA and the other from SD, farm interest initially brought us together.


No comments: