Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Hope!



    Every morning at 6am Kaia and I climb the Montreal Ave. hill to the Highland Park Disc Golf park. There Kaia can run off lease and release her pent up energy. Perhaps she's grateful for the opportunity becasue she retrieves and bottles and cans she finds, bringing them to me. So, we do our bit for cleaning the park.

  On this morning's climb it struck me that the huge windrow of snow piled between the street and sidewalk has shrunk significantly.  There is yet no grass visible in the park. But, the diminishment of the windrow by the street is evidence that some significant thawing has occurred. That snow is very dirty which absorbed more heat from the sun and thaws for quickly than the cleaner snow in the park.

  There signs of thawing spark hope that this snow will not last forever! 😀

Takk for alt,

Al

Upon my discharge from the Marines, 1962, I purchased this 1954 Austin-Healy in Los Angeles. Ed had been assigned to a base in San Francisco. From San Francisco we drove together to the World's Fair in Seattle and then to my cousin, Leslie Negstad, in Port Angeles. From there Ed returned to San Francisco. Accompanied by Leslie's 16 year old son, Paul, I drove to SD. It was the first time I'd been home in two years. The picture is taken in the California Redwoods. 






No comments: