Saturday, March 25, 2023

Basketball

   Tiz the season for basketball. The Minnesota State Boys High School tournament is finishing today. Joanne's alma mater, Minnehaha Academy, just lost to Albany in Class 2A. Earlier the western Minnesota schools of Russell-Tyler-Ruthton won the Class 1A. Then there's both men's and women's NCAA tournaments not to mention NIT.

    Basketball is my favorite sport, though it's a very far cry from what I played in high school. Watching games I always mute the sound. Announcers seem to me more annoying than helpful. There's too much judging and second guessing and far too little announcing, Among the great gifts of modern technology are the mute buttons for TV and the delete button on computers. The engineers who perfected those buttons should reap large rewards. 

   Other than sports, my effort to learn to watch TV has not gone anywhere. Too many good books to occupy my and I'm in another fascinating one now. I do have the UConn-OH ST game (women's)  on as I type this.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: