Sunday, January 15, 2023

     One of the protocols of the dinning room at the OFH, is seat yourself, no assigned seating as in some OFHs. It’s also normal to sit with others if there is room at the table. Ever since I moved into the OFH, Sally and Greg, who live next door, and I have regularly greeted each other. Though we’ve lived next door for a year we’ve never had an in-depth conversation, until last night that is. They had just seated themselves at a table for four when I arrived, so I asked if I could join them. “Of course” they said.

    During the conversation Sally mentioned something about when she retired. That gave me an opportunity to ask from what had she retired. She said she was church secretary at Faith Lutheran Church, Marshfield, WI, an ELCA congregation. Can you imagine that we found some things in common? Greg was the director of the drama department at The University Of WI Marshfield. They moved to MN to be near their twin daughters.

It’s a good like in the OFH!

Takk for alt,

Al

                         Beetle Bailey at cold weather training.

No comments: