Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Food

     OFH dining in the dining room is cheap. A meal is $11.00 and is added to our monthly bill. A meal consists of a choice of beverage, starter..soup, salad or fruit, entree with side and dessert. There’s a special at each dinner or lunch. If one chooses, other than the special, there are approximately a dozen other entree choices on the menu. Now that I’m residing in the OFH I typically go to the dining room once a week.

    Asked if I cook, I do have a complete kitchen, I replied “I don’t cook, but I prepare meals.” What does this mean? Costco sells frozen vegetables in five pound bags. In my freezer is a bag of peas and one of mixed vegetables. Microwaving a bowl provides the vegetables for the meal. An entree from the grocery store and baked beans or a salad and the meal’s complete. That’s what’s meant by “I prepare meals.” Dessert? perhaps a cookie with a glass of milk before bed.

     Perhaps I could go to the dining room more often to sociable.

Takk for alt,

Al


No comments: