Sunday, January 29, 2023

Dog friendly...

     It’s always been interesting to observe human reactions to dogs in an elevator. Occupancy of a 15th floor condo in downtown Minneapolis, as I did, gave significant elevator time. Trygve and Kaia accompanied me, serially of course, on those elevator rides. Now there are four floor elevator trips in the OFH.

    Dog friendly persons quickly reveal themselves in the confines of an elevator that holds a dog. They are the ones who immediately engage the dog, while sometimes ignoring the human who accompanies that dog. Other persons simply ignore the dog or may ask “What breed is that?” A few shrink into a corner as far removed from ‘four legs’ as possible.

    For 20+ years I’ve gone to a barber who came from Mexico where she still has a house. She’s VERY dog friendly. Her dogs are so important to her that she drives to her place in Mexico so she can take the dogs with her and not trust their care to another person. Currently she has two pugs and a chihuahua. Yesterday when I went for a haircut the pug, loose in the shop, came over to me while I waited. When I sat in the barber chair Maria draped the cloth around me to shed the clipped hair. Immediately the pug, under the cloth, climbed into my lap and settled down. She/he slept in my lap until Marie finished cutting my hair. Yes, I consider myself dog friendly.😀

Takk for alt,

Al

                 Mt. Fuji after a snowfall.


No comments: