Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Twice wrong...

      With yesterdays light rainfall I guessed we received a quarter of an inch. Wrong, that was too optimistic. A check of the rain gauge this morning revealed a tenth of an inch. That was disappointing, as was the forecast of rain this morning that was wrong...none came. That's my first wrong.

      With the mown grass now baled I ventured out to pick rocks, which I did for an hour. My assessment of my physical condition was my second wrong. That activity quickly demonstrated that I'm not in as good  shape as I though I was. Repeated forays of rock picking will be good conditioning exercise.

      Having reached my advanced age, new sightings are enjoyable, Today it was the sight of four mink crossing the road single file. They looked to be two thirds or three fourths grown and likely were a sibling group. They were all the same size. Mink litters run up to 8 or 10. They have an irascible temperament and four unrelated mink would not likely be together. Seeing four together was a first for me.  Should have had a dash camera...

Takk for alt,

Al



                           Winrowed and baled.

No comments: