Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Kaia!

      This will be bragging about Kaia, so if you don't want to read you're excused. When I'm at the OFH about 6am Kaia and I walk up the hill to Highland Park. There are few, if any, people there at that time of the morning so I let her off leash. She flies around the Park putting squirrels up trees. She runs full tilt around the Park but always keeps eye contact with me. As long as I walk, she runs, but, if I stop, she comes to me. Occasionally a dog walker walks through the park but she totally ignores both the walker and the other dog. It is a good way for her to work off some of her energy.

     This morning we walked behind The Little House to check the rain gauge (.25"). A neighbor's dog was standing a few steps away in the alley. Kaia gave the other dog a wide berth and did her looping run following the direction I was headed. 

      Because she non-reactive to other dogs and persons she is an ideal dog for the OFH. She does have a mischievous streak. When I'm involved in a lengthy phone conversation she'll raid wastebaskets for tissue to shred or find objects to carry around; hats, gloves, socks, etc. She doesn't chew them, just carries them. Yes, she's currently the best dog in the world. 😄  

Takk for alt,

Al


       Kaia on squirrel watch in The Little House.

No comments: