Friday, July 8, 2022

Corn follies!

     There are numerous times when I should pay more attention. One of those times was when the Game, Fish & Parks people put two bags of corn in my trunk. Had I been paying closer attention I'd have seen that they were 40lb bags, not the 60lb bags of the past.

   When the lighter  bags were discovered it didn't much concern me. With an unopened 60lb bag from last year in my possession that would be more than sufficient to complete planting, and it was. The problem didn't surface until later. Though the bag had not been opened it did not germinate well. Consequently that corn field looks like a snaggle tooth monster. The first field looks great the second field not so great!

   Well, what can one do? Next year pay attention but for this year it is what it is.

Takk for alt,

Al


                              Prairie sunset.

No comments: