Friday, July 22, 2022

Counting blesings!

         As Kaia ran and I walked I was struck by how fortunate I am. Living without adult supervision, as I  do, three things are particularly necessary. Vison is very important, though a person can get along even if vision is partially impaired. Glasses correct my vision making it feasible for me to read at length. I am grateful.

      Memory is significant for persons living alone. Everything from taking medications to turning off burners is dependent on memory. Perhaps I forget to bring my shopping list, yet I buy what was on the list while I'm at the store. For reliable memory I am grateful. 

    Living alone requires mobility. For that I was aware and grateful as I was walking and Kaia ran. Walking may be a bit slower but walk I do, daily and for some distance. Yes, I'm grateful.

   In addition to these three gifts there is so much else for which to give thanks. Family and friends were key to my recovery from the deepest grief when Joanne died and remain a great blessing. Good health, medical care and medical insurance....more gifts. Financial stability that allows me a rented apartment in the OFH and A Little House on the Prairie is gift. The companionship of a great dog is a blessing at this stage of life while I live alone. 

    These are just a few of the things for which I am grateful. I am truly blessed.

Takk for alt,

Al


        Grass cut awaiting the baler destined to feed cattle this winter.

No comments: