Monday, December 6, 2021

Transitioning....

        In 1964 when we were married I joined Joanne in her head resident apartment, Bergsaker Hall, Augustana College, (now University) Sioux Falls, S. D. In late summer we moved to St. Louis Park, MN., for four years. From there we moved to Mohall, N.D., for 7+ years. Our next stop was back to Sioux Falls, S.D.  After 4+ years there  it was off to Davenport, IA., for 8 years. Leaving IA we bought a house in Golden Valley, MN. We lived there for 22 years before moving to the downtown Minneapolis condo. Now, after 11 years of living there, it's moving time again.

      This time is different because, for the first time since 1964, I'm moving alone. When I think of being in my new place I'm excited. When thinking of the process of getting there I can feel overwhelmed. My head tells me it will be okay, but thinking of the specifics of moving, can raise my anxiety. What should go where? What to keep? What to shed?  So many decisions!

     My preferred style is to do it, get it done, and not dilly dally. Perhaps that's the best approach in this situation. As radiation progresses a certain level of fatigue can be expected. It might be best to be settled in my new home before its onset.  Stay tuned.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: