Friday, December 17, 2021

214 steps above Minneapolis,

       Well here we are! Fifteen floors above downtown Minneapolis. It was an easy and uneventful trip from The Little House. The last stop leaving Sinai was the post office. The postmaster searched the incoming mail and found one Christmas letter for me. She said she'd send me anything that came, wished me Merry Christmas and Happy New year, hugged me and sent me on my way. 

      Kaia knows the condo routine and heads immediately for her food dish to see if there might be something in it. As we stopped to chat with an acquaintance in the garage she showed off her good manners. She likes a bit of attention from others but isn't overbearing. She'll do well at the Landings. 

    Last night there was dinner with six of my South Dakota family at a restaurant in Brookings, which is almost a weekly occurrence.  . Seeing them regularly has been a gift of my extended stay in The Little House. While I've seen more of them I've seen less of my immediate family so an extended stay here will change that balance.  

    Before COVID struck, and I was living mostly here, I'd climb the steps to the 15th floor once a day. That's more than I can do now...few steps in Sinai. Perhaps I'll see if I can resume the full climb before I move away. It's a good stress test and doing it gives some assurance that I'll not have a heart attack this day. 

Takk for alt,

Al


No comments: