Thursday, December 2, 2021

Innocent tree!

      "I think I shall never see a poem as a beautiful as a tree"  wrote Joyce Kilmer. Trees are really marvelous plants, in so many shapes, forms, sizes, numbers and places. Over the years I've planted thousands of trees and even though cedars keep invading the grasslands I have no abiding ill will of trees. Driving across Wisconsin on the way to Chicago it does occur that some places have an over abundance of trees. But, that's not why I did it.

     The tree had done me no harm when I shot it today. Hopefully some lead pellets in it will not compromise its health. The target was the wily pheasant that flushed behind it, so it is really the pheasant's fault that the tree took the charge. The pheasant owes the tree its life so it should be grateful but it is doubtful that occurs to the pheasant. There must be classes for young pheasants on how to use trees as protective cover becasue they often flush behind one. Well...maybe next time!

Takk for alt,

Al




No comments: