Monday, December 20, 2021

"...but the kitchen sink!"

    You, know the old saying "Everything but the kitchen sink!"  Of course it's an idiom meaning that there was much of something. Making a foray over to The Landings today to check my mail it seemed logical to bring something from the condo when I went. Have you looked carefully under your kitchen sink lately? Transporting the cleaning items that lived under my kitchen sink seemed a logical first move. So, that's what I did, and now it can live under the sink at The Landings. It is a good symbolical start to the moving. 

   The Crossings, the site of my condo, offers document shredding. In addition to the box to Landings a box of documents was also delivered to the shredder. Inch by inch freedom comes. 

Takk for alt,

Al

Advent Dawn
by Thomas R. Smith

Seven-thirty. Driving northwest out of town,
the snowscape dusky, sky tinted smoky peach.
In the rear view mirror, a bright orange glow
suffuses the stubbly treeline. Suddenly a column
of brightness shoots from the horizon,
a pillar of fire! One eye on the road,
I watch behind me the head of a golden
child begin to push up between the black knees
of the hills. Two weeks out from Solstice, the sun
so near winter it seems to rise in the south.
A fiery angel stands over his cradle of branches.
And what strange travelers come to honor him?
And what gift will I bring to him this day?

No comments: