Monday, July 19, 2021

Summer '64.

       Joanne and I, newly married, attended the Sioux Falls Community Band concert in June of 1964. Dr. Lee Lillehaug, band director at Augustana College directed the Community Band.  That memory came back last night as I attended the Brookings Community Band concert.  After posting my blog last night about quiet Sundays I noticed a friend's comment on Facebook that they were attending the Brookings Concert. "I can do that" I thought and I did. It was a delightful evening sitting in the park for the final concert of the season. The burgers and brats meal even came with a dish of SDSU's famous ice cream.

       This morning I sprayed one of my corn fields for the third time. The stand of corn is small and scattered allowing weed re-growth. With the drought conditions the corn needs every bit of moisture with no competition from weeds. After spraying I put the sprayer away until next year.  

Takk for alt,

Al


                           Children's march at the band concert.
                                Sun setting over a corn field.


No comments: