Saturday, July 31, 2021

July 30, 1982!

       July 30, 1982 was a very hot and humid night in Sinai.  Nancy and Tim were married that night in an "open house" wedding so the church was full. Body heat added to the outside temperature and high humidity. Air conditioning was still in the far future for Sinai Lutheran Church. Nancy's and Tim's three children are all married now and they have one grandchild. Dinner with the family last night gave us a chance to celebrate with them.

    In 1965, for our first anniversary, my mother gave Joanne a birthday book. Joanne kept it current until she died and then I claimed it. Paging through it is a trip down memory lane. She was diligent about recording birthdays, anniversaries and other important event.  It is now my guide to remembering those important dates.  When Tim and Nancy arrived at dinner last night I was surprised to learn that it was their anniversary. "I'm sorry," I said, wondering how I'd missed it. Checking the birthday book on my return home I discovered that Joanne had not recorded it. How unlike her.  Now the omission has been corrected.

Takk for alt,

Al



No comments: