Friday, July 9, 2021

Quiet Days

      These are quiet days on the prairie. Perhaps the young pheasants are old enough now to avoid Kaia if I take her out to the grasslands. The chicks I saw yesterday were about half grown. Still, hens will re-nest if their nests are disturbed for a couple of more weeks yet. There are always projects I could do in the grass, look for errant cedar trees if nothing else. Kaia has yet to learn to wait patiently in the truck while I am out. Time we start working on that behavior. 

     Quiet days have enough people activity that causes less reading and phoning. Now it is possible to go places and do things. Tonight 8 family members will gather at a local restraint (Brookings) for dinner.  When we are together it is as if 2020 didn't happen. On the way to dinner I'll visit a boarding kennel for future Kaia' stays.

Takk for alt,

Al

PS Lightening at 3:00 a.m., brought no rain. 😟  

No comments: