Saturday, July 3, 2021

10% er!

       In the Marines there were always some who 'didn't get the word.'  "What? No one told me." "Where did you hear that?" "Are your sure?"  They were called 'ten percenters.' The ten percent that were always out of the information loop.

     Today I was a ten percenters and it sent me to the emergency room. However, if you need an emergency room the Miami Valley Medical Center,  Dayton, OH., comes highly recommended. Prompt service, excellent care, friendly staff,...left me grateful for access to medical care and insurance to cover the costs. Not only that, it is just across the road from Gerry's.

    Tomorrow I'll report the reason for visiting the emergency room. Oh? OK, I'll nor make you wait. 😏 The lovely Air B&B, in which we're staying, has a "yard cat."  Somehow I missed the message that it is an attack cat. Standing outside this morning, waiting for Lisa, the cat walked up to me and rubbed on my ankle. It sniffed my hand, and laid down next to my foot. When I reached down to pet it, it went in to full attack mode. Eight puncture wounds in the heel of my hand and lacerated wrist from clawing were the result. Leaving a trail of blood, I returned to the house to get first aid from Lisa.

    Considering the danger of cat bites we went to the emergency room. Any fears that I had, that we were being overly cautious, were quickly dispelled by the response of the medical staff. They ordered x-rays to be sure there no tooth fragments in my hand. An intravenous antibiotic was administered.  The wounds were irrigated and flushed before bandaging and wrapping. An antibiotic prescription was sent to a local pharmacy.   Walk in to walk out was only about two hours. 

     So that was today's little adventure!  Oh, yes, total out of pocket cost for me?  Eight dollars and 64 cents for the prescription!  You see why I say I'm blessed?

Takk for alt,

Al

PS  Planning to drive from Dayton to Minneapolis tomorrow may prelude a post. 











No comments: