Saturday, July 17, 2021

Hearing Aid Follies!

       A few weeks ago at the VA Audiology test my left hearing aid was not working. My right ear had lost 20 decibels of hearing since the previous test. The left aid was sent for repair and was waiting for me in Sinai after the road trip and is working well. The right one was tuned for my loss of hearing. Now the right one isn't working. Miraculously I was able to secure a VA appointment in two weeks, it can often take six months. Hopefully then I'll get my new aids that are on order. 

      These hearing aids are connected to my phone so when conversing on the phone the sound is transmitted electronically to my aids. That is very helpful. Now phone conversations transmit to only one ear because my back-up aid isn't synced with the phone. This will limit phone conversations until I get to the VA. 😞 But, perhaps I shouldn't complain with the VA providing the aids.

    Life on the prairie: dinner at a restaurant that seats 207, in a town of 54 population. It wasn't full but there weren't many tables empty.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: