Thursday, July 29, 2021

Smoke gets in your eyes!

       The drive from Minneapolis to The Little House was accompanied by thick smoke. In the early part of the dive I wondered how I'd describe the smoke to Sinaites. Arriving in Sinai the smoke was the heaviest yet. The house next over is about 100 feet away and smoke is visible in that distance! If it's this heavy 1000s of miles from the fire how is it in proximity to the blaze?  Uffda! The temperatures have cooled down but The Little House will remain closed tonight. The last winter I was in Thailand, Bangkok closed schools some days because of smog. It was never this thick there.  It seems apocalyptic!

       Making my customary stop at Schmitt's Meat Market in Nicollet, MN, I noted their lawns were green. They'd received over an inch of rain lately. Good for them! 

Takk for alt,

Al



               The view from the steps of The Little House.

1 comment:

Peter said...

The smoke here was bad enough one day I thought I could see it in my living room, honestly. :-<