Friday, September 6, 2019

I'm Back!

    Saturday evening I was with my granddaughters. As I returned home I thought about leaving my laptop in the car for my IA tour. Deciding not to leave it there I thought it would be fully charged for for IA. The day I left for IA I didn't enter my office so I didn't see the laptop on its charger. Sometime after lunch in Decorah with Jenine I thought, "laptop" and of course that did nothing to bring it with me. 😕 Consequently I've been off my blogs for a few days.  Sorry about that.
   Long time friends: Jenine and Joanne 1954, Ed and Al 1959, and Ken and Al 1979... It was September 1959 that Ed and I were in the same platoon in USMC boot camp,.  It was the bus ride to Omaha after boot camp on which we really bonded. Then we spent three years in the same office in a rifle company, he had the top bunk and I the lower, he the right wall locker and I the left....My call to Davenport, IA., put Joanne, and Ed's wife Mary Jane, in proximity so they could become close friends.
   Life in review...my initial start in college was not very successful. Consequently I ended up in the Marines, entering with a feeling of failure and frustration. However, had I made a successful start to college I would never have met Joanne, nor Ed. In retrospect those early struggles led to great blessings.. It was while I was in the service that I decided to go to seminary. Yes, life is best understood in the rear view mirror.
     Gratitude is my most prevailing feeling as I reflect on this trip to see friends. I am so blessed!

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: