Thursday, September 12, 2019

Sustaining Connection to Love,

    When the value of writing this blog,for my life in the land of grief, arises in conversation I point to two distinct values, though there are more. First, I point out that writing has caused me to recognize what I am feeling with enough clarity to be able to articulate it in writing. That is not the most natural thing for me. 😁 But, it is therapeutic.
   The second value that I identify is that it has created a community, largely on online but not totally. The comments posted on the blog, emails in response and the conversations in person about what I've written are very meaningful to me.
   An example is this quote from Sojurners online emailed to me by a friend:

                                   ""VOICE OF THE DAY"

   "We need to grieve the ones we have loved and lost in this lifetime---not to sustain our suffering, but to sustain our connection to love."   J.W. 

     Now isn't that the truth? The depth of the grief is the measure of the love that existed with the departed. Joanne may be dead, she is, but that does not end my love. The pain of her loss, the pain of the presence of absence, is in direct proportion to the strength of the bond of love,
     Sharing that loss with a community, many of whom are online, sustains me in ways that I did not anticipate. When, as I often do, I express my gratitude for friends it includes the many who are online.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: