Sunday, July 29, 2018

7/27/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — Jul 27, 2018
     Joanne and I have been fans of the Minnesota LYNX, the four time champions of the WNBA, for several years.  With her mobility issues she didn't get to many games.  Often I'd ride a bike to Target Center to watch the game live, while she'd watch on TV.  It was fun to compare what I saw with what the camera showed and she could add data from the announcers.
   The WNBA plays a summer schedule beginning in May and ends with a championship series in early fall.  This year Minnesota is hosting the All Star Game which is tomorrow.  Four LYNX players are among the All Stars; Maya Moore, Rebekah Brunson, Sylvia Fowles, and Simone Augustus.  It's a game that likely Joanne and I would have watched together.
    The two All Star Teams held a practice, open to the public this afternoon and I got to go!  Why?  More kindness!  Since Joanne's death friends have been especially attentive to me. J & J invited me to go with them and also bring a friend, so L accompanied us.  J & J, avid KYNX fans and season ticket holders, have gone out of their way to give me care.  Not only did L and I get to watch practice we got to hang out with J & J.  Kindness abounds!


Blessings,

Al

No comments: