Sunday, July 29, 2018

7/25/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — Jul 25, 2018
There were seven of us at diner tonight.  Most weeks, when I'm resident in The Little House on the Prairie, we gather for a family dinner at a local restaurant for a meal.  A place and time are chosen and those who are available gather for food conversaton and laughter.  Joanne loved these gatherings so, tonight, there was the presence of absence.
       Many times Joanne was too busy to accompany me to The Little House.  Then, after dinner as I was driving back to the house, I would call her for our end of the day chat.  Tonight as I drove away from our family evening the reality of abcence struck, she's not there to call...another of those moments that remind me of how my life has changed.  It is life after the divide; life with Joanne/life after Joanne.  No, I do not like it any better, even as I have to learn to live with it.  Family and friends make it bearable...such a blessing!


Blessings,

Al

No comments: