Saturday, March 7, 2009

What is it about robins...?

My early morning walk/run, which used to be run/walk, was brightened when I spotted two robins. They are harbingers of hope that winter and snow will lose and spring will eventually win. After five and half weeks in the tropics I'm prohibited from whining about the cold but spring can't come too soon for me. Joan is also an inspiration. She's a retired teacher from the St. Louis Park school system whom I ofter meet. A chat with her today revealed that she fell on the ice on her morning walk January 6. She said, "I only had a mile and half left of my walk when I fell so I finished it." A trip to the doctor diagnosed that she'd broken her right wrist. A little thing like that didn't detour her from her morning walks and, if she doesn't have a worse accident, July 1, will mark 15 years of having walked every day.

No comments: