Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Two oars, same side of the boat!!!

With two oars on the same side of the boat there is a tendency to go in circles. Lisa needed an oil change for her car so I agreed to pick her up at the garage and drive her to the airport. Later I realized that one of our cars also needed an oil change so we brought that to the same garage Lisa would be arriving at later in the day. So I told Lisa that our car was there and she could drive it to our house thinking, I, too, would be there to pick her up. When Lisa called to say when she expected to make the car transaction I said, "Fine I'll meet you there" and began to hang up. I can be a little abrupt on the phone. Lisa yelled in the phone, "DAD, DON'T HANG UP!" "What?" I said. She said, "you don't have to come, I'll drive the car home!" That was the first time it dawned on either Joanne or me that I didn't have to meet her there, she could just drive the car home without me present. :) I know I don't have Alzheimer's but I do wonder if I might have Halfzheimers.

No comments: