Thursday, April 25, 2024

Today's date 4/25/24...do it backwards! :)

      Quarantined in The Little House in 2020 my hair grew so long that I bought a clipper and buzzed it off. Before today's visit to the barber I was in desperate need of a haircut. Using those clippers I'd managed to trim my beard to a reasonable length. It was too daunting to tackle my hair knowing it would end up a chop job. Back in The Cities for a few days today I got to my long time barber.

     As I settled into the barber chair the barber's dog, a two pound pug, crawled into my lap, promptly fell asleep and snored quietly. There she lay, covered by the drop cloth, until my hair was cut and beard trimmed. Even after the drop cloth was removed she remained on my until the barber pretended to head for the door.

   "Yes, petting a dog can release endorphins in both people and dogsEndorphins are neurochemicals associated with positive feelings and bonding. Other neurochemicals that are released during enjoyable interactions with dogs and people include oxytocin and dopamine." Google   

    The barber makes no extra charge for this amenity. 

Takk for alt,

Al



                                       Before and after pictures from 2020.

No comments: