Sunday, April 7, 2024

Famous?

      It wasn't The New Yorker or The Atlantic Monthly but I did react with surprise when I got to page 5, and saw this headline "FRUIT'S OF ALLAN'S LABOR". It's in the Spring edition of the South Dakota Conservation Digest, published by Game, Fish and Parks. The article begins "Allan Negstad voluntarily restored four wetland basins in Brookings County. The wetlands remained dry all year due to the lack of precipitation....the runoff did not occur in the spring like a typical year, it occurred in late January. They (didn't totally fill)  but they did fill enough to show the fruits of Allan's labor and investment....Wetlands are being drained across the state and country faster than they are being restored. Thankfully these restored wetlands will have a great impact on the wildlife in the surrounding landscape..." Luke Zilverberg, Statewide Grassland Ecologist,  P. 5.

    Well that's interesting and the January runoff is news to me. It hadn't occurred to me to check them since I returned to S.D. last week. Yes, tomorrow I will!

Takk for alt,

Al

Wetland restoration in progress, and the reverence to my "labor" isn't quite accurate. I just got the process moving but others did the work. 

1 comment:

Michelene said...

A good way to read about one’s good work. I want to hear more.
Michelene,