Friday, April 12, 2024

Joanne Elizabeth (Hanson) Negstad, 4/1/1936-4/12/2018

       Six years have passed since that morning, April 12, 2018, when at 6:00 am I asked Joanne "What's special about April 12? " She shrugged her shoulders and three and a half hours later she died. She is greatly missed!

       As time passes there are fewer triggers of intense grief. Life alone has become the new normal. The death recently of Jenine, her college roommate, is a grief trigger. There is no one now to recount Joanne's college experiences with me. Much of the pain of grief is the loss of shared memories. While I can recall many of her college stories there is no one who was these with whom I can remember. After six years there are fewer persons who knew her and that makes me sad.

     From 1963 until 2018 we shared life. The memory bank is full of blessed memories. It was a blessing to share life with her and I'm deeply grateful. Though I live in the land of grief, I'm also grateful for the gifts that have come to me after her death.  I was blesses and I am blessed.

Takk for alt,

Al

          Joanne's last meal at the table on her birthday, April 1, 2018, which was also Easter Sunday.


2 comments:

Michelene said...

I am sad for you that Joanne left you And I celebrate the journey you have been on.

Anonymous said...

We are grateful to remember! Stan and Nancy