Sunday, April 21, 2024

Local History

       At the weekly Wednesday meals at the bank, to which I have a perpetual invitation, I'm by far the oldest. Not only are most of the others younger their tenure in Sinai is relatively brief.  That confers on me the role of historian. The owner of the bank, who resides one town over (Arlington), occasionally joins us for the meal. He is particularly interested in local history so often asks questions about various aspects of that  history.  Because I'm 'older than dirt'...it should be 'older than soil'...I do  know much of the lore. One farmer, perhaps 60?. who grew up locally is often at dinner (noon meal). His wife is an employee of the bank and, while his memory does not reach back as far as mine, he is also a source of information.  

     Given that my grandparents settled in the community in 1885, and there have been family members in residence ever since, I do carry a significant amount of history.  No, I'm not going to write a book!

Takk for alt,

Al










No comments: