Monday, April 1, 2024

Little House

      The drive to The Little House on Joanne's birthday was a good time to reflect on 53+ years of marriage.  Though it's now soon six years since she died the memory bank is full of files with her name. There were times I'd tease her "Forty nine years of married bliss is not bad out of 50."  Much was done together and also much alone. It's a gift to remember.

     She loved The Little House. It was a sanctuary and a retreat for her. She's sit in her recliner with a good book, once so engrossed she read all night. Bird songs in the morning alerted her to the time. When I called her to say "There's a house for sale in Sinai." Her immediate response was "Buy it!"  So, I did. When she wasn't reading she was happy to connect with my family resident in the area.  Her immediate and full acceptance by them was very significant to her. 

    Her burial a half mile from The Little House gives wonderful opportunity to visit her grave. Buried, as she is, next to my Grandmother and Grandfather is very special.  Yes, I bless her memory and continue to miss her living, as I do, in the land of grief.

Takk for alt,

Al

                  At our wedding, June 6, 1964


No comments: