Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Taxes

       As the years pass I gradually do better organizing of the documents related to taxes. My tax returns are made more complicated by the hobby farm. When it was being built I made a small investment in the soybean processing plant at Brewster MN., between Worthington and Windom. Sometime after construction this LLC added a facility to convert soyoil (auto correct wanted to make this soymilk) to diesel fuel. This corporation is a very complicated tax entity. Rather than a simple 1099 reporting dividends there is a large packet of material which I don't begin to understand. Fortunately the CPA does. 

    Today I brought the tax information to the CPA. There'll be no refund this year. I don't complain about taxes, it's the price of living in community. On the other hand I might complain about how complicated it is...but I won't. Gratitude is more appropriated for my situation, so, yes, I'm grateful.

Takk for alt,

Al


                                Here is one view of the hobby farm.


No comments: