Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Migration

     Wondering about bluebird and tree swallow migration I went to the Cornell Lab website, which is a wonderful resource for birders. They report that both species migrate in April. That's logical because much of their diet is insects. This morning, passing a number of nesting boxes from previous years, there were no birds to observe. So, the boxes posted yesterday are in time for the migration and will have time to lose human scent before nesters arrive.

    After lubricating the stalk chopper I went on a cedar hunt. There were many even though I was in an area that I'd cleared last year. Now that the grass has been laid down they are easier to spot. It bemuses me that the cedars I planted for wildlife habitat keep on giving, threatening the adjoining grassland. Cutting cedars is good exercise for a geezer.

Takk for alt,

Al


                          These pictures were taken yesterday of two of my neighbors. 


No comments: