Saturday, March 30, 2024

Affirmation

       Attending an 80th birthday party in the OFH this afternoon I was seated at a table with Peg, a voracious reader. When she said she'd quit The Color Of Water, Abraham Vorees, I said "YES!" For, I too, had given up reading it, Many erudite readers have affirmed it. His previous book, Cutting For Stone, I found a page turner. That's the book Joanne was reading in The Little House until the birds announced sunrise. It's always satisfying to fine a person in agreement with my opinion. 

   Decades ago when I was playing basketball it was a non-contact sport. Now it's extremely physical with significant contact. A problem arises in that referees must decide which contact constitutes a foul. If nor all contact is a foul, which contact is?  Watching the end of the LSU vs UCLA game, which was tied at about 1 minute, UCLA was called for several fouls while, to this observer, it appeared LSU was not. LSU won. I'm not suggesting anything deliberate on the referee's part. But their subjective decisions seemed to decide the game. 

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: