Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Joanne's Example!

      During her working years Joanne did not read much. That all changed with retirement. With leisure time on her hands she read many books. One of her rules was to give a book one chapter and if that didn't engage her she'd put it aside and moved on to another.

   The last book I received from the Parnassus First Edition Book Club, before I withdrew membership, was Come And Get It. After reading the first chapter and finding myself un-engaged I sought the wisdom of MJV. She was reluctant to weigh in my reading choice but helpfully sent me her notes from the book. That was what I needed to leave Come And Get It, and pick up another book which immediately engaged me.

   There are so many books that I'm keen to read that it seems unnecessary to read one that doesn't captivate. Should I lack books in the apartment many await in the OFH library.

Takk for alt,

Al


               I'll soon be back on the prairie.

No comments: