Saturday, November 21, 2020

Uffda!

     COVID runs rampant in America. Thailand has one of the world's best efforts to control the virus. That's a bit ironic becasue I left Thailand two weeks early to avoid it and came back to America where it spreads unchecked. Though it should be said that when I returned in February it wasn't yet rampant in America. that came later. Now Thailand would prohibit me from entering because of American COVID.

    One of the oddest things I've read about COVID was from a nurse in South Dakota. She wrote that some of her patients dying from COVID refused to believe they had it. Even on their deathbed they were convinced it was a hoax. Further proof, as if any more were needed, that we are governed more by opinion and prejudice than logic. It's a great tragedy that response to the virus became politicized which has added to the death toll. 

    Certainly I'm one of the fortunate ones and I remain deeply grateful!

Takk for alt,

Al

PS A bit of IT logic: In the process of updating my email addresses with businesses since being hacked I'm informed that, for security purposes, a verification will be sent to my email account. Well, that's the one that was hacked and therefore inoperative for me!  Go figure!

No comments: